The Martinsen Family

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A Hot date a Hernia and a Hotel

Sounds Juicy.....hahaha
Well Shawn and I got to spend some time alone. Not really my idea of a break though. I had to get Umbilical Hernia surgery so we went out on Thursday night and had a nice dinner at the New Yorker. It was nice but we didn't know that is was a nice dress up steak house so we were just a bit out of place. But the food was good. Then we stayed at Little America and I had surgery Friday morning. After having to do the typical hospital wait... I had a 45 min. surgery and was on my way. We went to Chili's for lunch and I guess Shawn felt bad for me cause I was able to talk him into taking me to Tai Pan to do some shopping. I must have been on some good drugs still cause the store was spinning and I couldn't find anything to buy. After that we went back to the hotel and I still was feeling GOOD so I went to shop the hotel stores and got us some yummy dessert. On Sat. we went to Pier One and got some house stuff and then went to Cabelas forever...All in all it was fun to spend time with my honey for a few nights. Thanks mom and dad for taking the boys for us. We appreciate you. Attached are the photos of Jace eating Oreo cookies thanks the Grandpa Meier.



4 comments:

Kandice said...

Glad you are doing ok, sorry you had to have surgery! Get better fast.

Kassi Luck said...

I am glad to hear all went well. I will be in town this weekend so I will give you a call.

Megan said...

Grandpa's are the best. What cute pics. I'm glad you felt well enough to shop at Taipan after surgery!

Dunbars said...

Cute pics. Hope your feeling better...